Iraq invasion as a diversion (was Re: )

Dennis Putnam dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Feb 3 17:08:21 MST 1998

At 08:50 AM 2/3/98 -0800, you wrote:>
>I most certainly can - and do.  I hold the president extremely accountable
>for any military decisions.

But that is precisely the point. It was not his decision. It was decided by
the UN and more importantly the arab coalition.

>No, I am not in favor of gambling with American lives - or anyone else's
>for that matter, but war is exactly that.  It kills people.  Sure - we
>minimized the loss.  We moved Saddam out of Kuwait.  We saved the oil.  And
>now we're faced with the crisis before us - for which many are blaming Mr.
>Clinton, and this is one he didn't do.

I am not amoung those blaming clinton directly. However, IMO, it is
clinton's ineptitude and past that is haunting him and is likely
encouraging Sadam to thumb his nose at the US.