Vehicle emissions was Re: Promulgating the Gospel

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Wed Feb 4 01:52:43 MST 1998

At 01:11 AM 2/4/98 -0500, John Quayle wrote:
>        This is not entirely true. A six month old car can trip a detector
and
>return a "fail" reading. It depends on driving habits, type (grade) of
>gasoline used, and whether the engine has been correctly timed (or has
>slipped out of time - a rare occurance, but it can happen).

You're right.  I've heard of people who have had their cars fail at one
inspection station.  Without doing anything to the car they'd take it to
another testing station where it would pass.
--

Plutonium - fat free, no cholesterol, zero calories