John Stossel Show

Jose Rojas joserojas at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Feb 4 12:11:00 MST 1998

Gary Freitag wrote:

> Did anyone see John Stossel last night?  What a show!  It debunked the
> notion that there is something inherently evil and wrong about being
> rich and greedy, that people who have amassed wealth also have brought
> great benefits to others, that those benefits seem to far out weigh
> the
> negatives, and that these people have not simply taken a larger
> portion
> of the pie, but have increased the size of it.  He essentially showed
> that despite the "gut feel" we have that something is wrong or evil
> about desiring to be rich (except in the case of government where
> people have simply taken a larger piece of the pie), that greed is not
> on the same level as theft or other crimes for which we have laws for.

Saw it. One of my favorite quotes fits here:

"History shows that the prime motive of capitalism - namely selfishness
- merely reflects the conviction inborn in every living creature, that
it is his natural right to keep, own and control whatever he himself has
made, saved, thought out, bought or fought for."

Charles M. Fay "Business in Politics" 1926

Jose

--
Jose Rojas
(C)1998 by my Dementia