Vehicle emissions was Re: Promulgating the Gospel

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Wed Feb 4 11:39:03 MST 1998

At 01:52 AM 2/4/98 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>At 01:11 AM 2/4/98 -0500, John Quayle wrote:
>>        This is not entirely true. A six month old car can trip a detector
>and
>>return a "fail" reading. It depends on driving habits, type (grade) of
>>gasoline used, and whether the engine has been correctly timed (or has
>>slipped out of time - a rare occurance, but it can happen).
>
>You're right.  I've heard of people who have had their cars fail at one
>inspection station. Without doing anything to the car they'd take it to
>another testing station where it would pass.

        Precisely *WHY* some civil disobedience is in order.....

John A. Quayle

"I know liberals by now....they have NO argument because they fear the
light of truth. They are the vampires of the modern world, whose only goal
is to herd us like cattle so that they may eat of our substance." - Dr
Memory,<uhclem at usit.net> 1-5-98