leaks

William B. White WHITEWB at JCCW22.CC.SUNYJCC.EDU
Mon Feb 9 14:20:44 MST 1998

From:   NAME: Bill White
        FUNC: HUMANITIES
        TEL: 326/371                          <WHITE, BILL AT A1 AT JCCV03>
To:     IN%"rushtalk at athena.csdco.com"@MRGATE at JCCW22

>If Clinton leaks somethng "false" he gets to come back in a day or two,
>present his "evidence" of it's falsehood and use this to discredit those
>who would say such mean things about him.

        Interesting speculation - in line with diversionary tactics.

        I believe it was George Will who pointed out on Sunday that many
individuals are privy to the Grand Jury proceedings.  Clients talk, lawyers
talk, the White House is briefed.  Will said it is disingenuous to try to blame
the Special Prosecutor's office, when so many have access to the information
and could be leaking it.

Bill White