Tension in the Middle East

Dennis Putnam dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Feb 12 09:13:40 MST 1998

At 02:31 AM 2/12/98 EST, you wrote:
>Most likely everyone on this list is aware that Iraq is attempting to
>circumvent the United States/Nations' attempts to determine of Iraq is
>now making or has the capability of making chemical warfare agents.  All
>parties involved are attempting to reach a diplomatic solution to the
>problem, while President Clinton and others in our government are using
>the threat of military strikes if the diplomatic efforts aren't reached.
>

>Question I pose to everyone on this list:
>
>        Should the United States take the initiative and provide Iraq
>with an ultimatum, to open up all their facilities for the UN to search
>within a preset length of time or face the consequences of strategic air
>strikes against Iraqi military targets?

No ultimatum is needed. The US should get a list of which sites Sadam does
not want the inspectors to visit. Then methodically destroy each one. That
way they won't have to inspect them and Sadam gets what he wants.

>In other words, should the United States use its military might to wake
>Iraq up?

Not Iraq but Sadam. The citizens of Iraq have no choice other then death.
They have no 2nd amendment and are helpless against their own government as
the liberals here wants us to be.