constitution question

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Fri Feb 13 14:38:37 MST 1998

At 12:09 PM 2/13/98 +0000, Phil Gerdes wrote:

>What is wrong with this statement?
>

> The Constitution of the USofA is outmoded and very much out of touch with
the reality of our times. It does not deal with today's issues or culture.

>Then again, would this be an accurate statement?

        No more so than making the same statement about the Bible. Neither one was
written around the "current culture"........a nebulous label, anyway. Those
who make such statements about either of them, do so because of a profound
lack of understanding about either.

Only *MY* Opinions,

>*Phil Gerdes  -       2-6313
>* Network Technician Kansas State Univ
>* philg at ksu.edu

John A. Quayle

"Government is *NOT* the solution to our problem........ Government is the
*PROBLEM*!"
 - Ronald Reagan, Inaugural Address, 1981