Americana

PapaPaul febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Feb 14 19:22:53 MST 1998

>From AP (I think):

Whatever the reality of the Lewinsky case, Mary Kay Hoops, a 39-year-old
warehouse clerk from Springfield, Mo., says she can understand how
individuals - young or old - become spellbound in the presence of
high-powered people.

``I admit it. I am impressed by the trappings of power. Simply hearing the
word motorcade makes my pulse race,'' she wrote in an article about meeting
Vice President Al Gore in October 1996. ``By the time we actually touched
the V.P., I was so giddy I could only smile foolishly and grunt.''