Redemption

PapaPaul febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Feb 15 03:05:05 MST 1998

Arianna Huffington sez:

At this year's prayer breakfast, the president quoted King Solomon: ``I am
only a little child, and I do not know how to carry out my duties. ... So
give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to
distinguish between right and wrong.'' If the president could add governing
himself to the list and let the truth of this humble confession and plea
wash over him, he would be taking the first step away from his destructive
hubris. He would be doing a tremendous service to the nation if he found in
himself the courage and the discerning heart to take this step not before
leaving this Earth but before leaving the White House.