email Privacy

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Mon Feb 16 21:07:04 MST 1998

At 08:38 AM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I thought I heard this morning that White House & "Just-us" were trying
>to figure out how Linda Tripp had gotten Monica Lewinsky's email to the
>president.  Just wondered if he is finally starting to understand the
>value of that strong encryption he has been opposing...

It's easy to think now the shoe is on the other foot maybe he's beginning
to understand.  But don't forget this is a elitist liberal we're dealing
with here.  When the encryption issue first came up some advisor probably
told him that the pro encryption people want protecton to make their email
more secure to help prevent this sort of thing.  I'm sure though that he
will end up favoring some kind of legislation to deal with the problem
while eroding our liberties in the process.  And of course the soccer moms
will all have a collective orgasm when he signs the legislation, because he
cares about them and their children.
--

Plutonium - fat free, no cholesterol, zero calories