pool control

Jose Rojas joserojas at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Feb 18 17:47:18 MST 1998

Darin H. Deem wrote:

> Jim you are absolutely right!  This must stop!!!!   We need to form an
> organization, we could call it: PoolControl Inc.
> Once we ban pools we can move onto Hot Tubs, the death and misery
> caused there must be staggering.
> -Darin
> Proud Right Wing Conspiritist
>
> Jim writes:
> > << In a recent post Steve Maher posted the following statistics among
> others:
> From the National Self-Defense Survey, Gary Kleck, PhD, , Florida
> State U., School of Criminology and Criminal Justice.  1-904-644-4050
>     1,489 accidental gun deaths in 1991
>     4,700 deaths by drowning
> Almost 4 times as many people died by drowning than by accidents
> involving guns.  THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!
>
> To stop this tragedy we must ban swimming pools.  The vast majority
> of these drowning deaths happened in pools so we must ban them in order
> to save the lives of our children who drown in pools each year.  Now we
> will face stiff oppositon from the extremist right wing pool lobby - those
> evil profiteers of death who make thier blood money by installing pools.
> Another group we can't neglect is the people who clean and maintain
> pools.
> These purveyors of death keep a pool clean and sparkling therefore
> increasing its appeal to the innocent children who are lured to their
> deaths.
>
> Of course the pro pool lobby is very strong and the public isn't with
> us on this yet.  We'll have to work for our goal in stages.
>
> First we need to license pools.  At first a license should be easy to
> get but we can tighten requirements later as children continue to die.
> Our next step should be to require a permit to own a pool.  The
> license is to install one.  The permit will allow the person to keep it.  The
> permit must be renewed on a regular basis.  Of course at first there will be
> little or no requirements for a permit at first But the requirements
> can be strengthened later as people get used to the idea and children
> continue to die.  Also once someone's permit is revoked the pool must be filled
> in.
> To help our cause we must identify unlicensed pools and provide stiff
> penalties for people who have an illegal pool
> In the last phase pools will be so difficult to own legally.  Also by
> that time we will have turned public opinion against pools.  We can work
> with sympathetic producers in the entertainment industry so that movies
> and tv shows are made that portray pool owners as mean spirited fanatics
> bent on causing the death of children.  In such a production the ideal villan
> would be a man who installs pools and has one at each of his expensive
> homes.
> Together we can work to rid our nation of these sparkling blue deathtraps.
>  --

You extremists make me sick. How dare you try to limit my pool rights!
In opposition to your PoolControl Inc, I am forming NPA (National Pool
Association).
We shall fight you at every turn, socially, legislatively, judicially.
We shall not allow you to infringe on our rights, we have the right to
own and bear pools!
Just remember, pools don't kill people, people kill themselves.

Jose
President, NPA

--
Jose Rojas