pool control

PapaPaul febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Feb 18 18:55:02 MST 1998

At 07:41 PM 2/18/98 -0500, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>At 02:36 PM 2/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>  SNIP
>>Together we can work to rid our nation of these sparkling blue deathtraps.
>>--
>
>This is a good plan but you forgot something that will speed up your time
>table. Create a series of taxes such as a water tax for all water going
>into the pool (the meter will have to be installed at the owner's expense,
>of course), excise taxes on pool chemicals (100% for the deadliest
>chemicals like chlorine) and of course politically correct...I mean
>environmentally safe filter sand which will require certified and licensed
>technicians to remove and replace along with a substantial disposal fee. Oh
>yes, ban those deadly solor covers which has the added benefit of
>maximizing evaporation which of course must be replaced with taxed water.
>The taxes will start out very small and be earmarked for manditory pool
>training programs for children and owners. Once established the taxes can
>easily be increased very rapidly. We have to be sure to lay a big guilt
>trip on anyone that opposes saving the children. We must do this for the
>children.

>----------------------
>Dennis Putnam                   Public Key can be obtained from:
>Loganville, Ga.                 <http://www.ilinks.net/~dap>

        Dennis and Jim,
       You guys gotta run for Congress.
        Or start writing full time.
        BTW, We were all joking some time ago
        that a fat tax was in our future.
        Well, I heard on the TV that this very
        idea is now being given serious consideration
        in Congress.
        ~~ PapaPaul
        "One if by land, Two if by sea, Three if by Congress"