pool control

Doug Bergner doug at NETWRX.NET
Wed Feb 18 20:26:22 MST 1998

Oh man I can see it now, "EPA-dept. of recreational water managment & disposal".

GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ!

Lets not forget that we should have at least a 3-5 day waiting period for
the purchase of the "blue death",  social workers and counselors could be on
stand by on 24 hr. phone lines to "talk down" any impulse purchases.and no
one under 18 may buy supplies.

  "Psst- hey man, I got some killer cholorine tabs,
straight off the donkeys back from south of the border man!-cheap"

t 07:41 PM 2/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:36 PM 2/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>  SNIP
>>Together we can work to rid our nation of these sparkling blue deathtraps.
>>--
>
>This is a good plan but you forgot something that will speed up your time
>table. Create a series of taxes such as a water tax for all water going
>into the pool (the meter will have to be installed at the owner's expense,
>of course), excise taxes on pool chemicals (100% for the deadliest
>chemicals like chlorine) and of course politically correct...I mean
>environmentally safe filter sand which will require certified and licensed
>technicians to remove and replace along with a substantial disposal fee. Oh
>yes, ban those deadly solor covers which has the added benefit of
>maximizing evaporation which of course must be replaced with taxed water.
>The taxes will start out very small and be earmarked for manditory pool
>training programs for children and owners. Once established the taxes can
>easily be increased very rapidly. We have to be sure to lay a big guilt
>trip on anyone that opposes saving the children. We must do this for the
>children.

>Dennis Putnam                   Public Key can be obtained from:
>Loganville, Ga.                 <http://www.ilinks.net/~dap>

"If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us is
capable of governing someone else" -Ronald Reagan