pool control

Hank Stanley arjohns at ADNC.COM
Wed Feb 18 21:27:18 MST 1998

At 14:36 2/18/98 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>Our next step should be to require a permit to own a pool.  The license is
>to install one.  The permit will allow the person to keep it.  The permit
>must be renewed on a regular basis.  Of course at first there will be
>little or no requirements for a permit at first But the requirements can be
>strengthened later as people get used to the idea and children continue to
>die.  Also once someone's permit is revoked the pool must be filled in.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!  If you just allow pools to be _filled in_ we know there
are those who will merely truck in dirt and make it a deep dish flower
bed!!  NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!  That does not render the pool totally unusable!!
These people must made examples of: We must mandate that all pools will be
filled to the brim with concrete and then bricked over!!  At the owner's
expense!  And then we'll spike their filtration systems!!  We must fight
e-e-e-e-vil with every resource at our disposal.  Extremism in defense of
our chowl-ren is no vice!!