Simon Vs Ehrlich (Hehehe)

PapaPaul febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Feb 19 04:29:25 MST 1998

At 04:58 PM 2/18/98 -0500, Gary Freitag wrote:

        <<<<<<<<< S N I P >>>>>>>>>>>

>That is the crux of it all.  People like Ehrich know the truth because
>underneath all the supposed facts, arguments and logic, it is the deep
>down feeling that makes it true- it is an undeniable truth.
>
>My belief in certain things (such as God) are also ultimately based on
>the same intangable, underlying knowledge (feel) of truth.  And in this
>sense, the liberal's belief is more of a religious one, and less of one
>based on facts.

        I love it.  I've felt for a long time that liberalism
        and all of its naughty children (wacko environmentalism,
        etc)    are religious movements.  The power of liberalism
        is religious zeal.  I always think back to that day on
        TV when Babs Boxer was asked about her check bouncing
        in Congress.  With messianic confidence (arrogance)
        she said (I swear, she did): "I was too busy saving
        the world [to pay attention to such mundane details]."
        Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!
        ~~ PapaPaul