Rush Re-Broadcasts

Maher, Steve (SD-MS) SMAHER at GI.COM
Mon Feb 23 12:04:00 MST 1998

Dave Wren wrote:
>Rush Re-Broadcasts
>
>A number of radio stations re-broadcast Rush  Limbaugh in the evening
>on AM radio stations.
>
>If you live on, or near the west coast try tuning an AM radio to 1530KC
>from 10:00 till 1:00, they re-broadcast Rush in that time slot. This
>station runs full power after dark, I often tune Rush in all the way
>up to Alaska every night.
>
>I also found a Rush re-broadcast on AM 620KC in the evening,  try that
>frequency at the same time period.
>
>All AM frequencies travel long distances after dark, they provide
>usable reception with normal radio receivers. Tune around on AM in
>the evening, I am sure other stations use Rush for night time fill
>in material.

AM 1130 in San Diego has Limbaugh on from 4:00PM to 7:00 PM Pacific time.
Don't know how much power they put out at night, tho... and this period
may not fall during "night", however radio stations define it.

It's true that some AM stations increase their power from the daytime
"kilowatt" levels, sometimes up beyong a million watts at night. I've
picked up Los Angeles' KFI AM 640 in South Park, Colorado (between
Fairplay and Colorado Springs) on a cheapo car radio a few times,
late at night.

Anybody have a list of what stations turn up their power, and by how
much, at night?

Steve Maher   smaher at gi.com    http://www.wp.com/IrishMafia