Rush Re-Broadcasts

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Feb 23 15:51:21 MST 1998

At 02:14 PM 2/23/98 -0800, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>KFI does not turn their power up at night.

        FWIW - *NO* radio station "turns up" their power at night. The ones you
hear are on frequencies known as "clear channel" - meaning that
lesser-powered stations either must urn down, or go dark at night. Less
interference means you can now hear them much farther than normal.

> I'd be interested to see a list of any United States AM radio stations
that > broadcast in the Mega Watt range - at any time of day or night.

        To the best of my knowledge, 200kw is peak power, AM, or FM.

> There are reasons why stations can be received at greater distances at
night than during the day - increased power is seldom one of them. Under
the right conditions, KFI's 50 KW is quite capable of skipping all around
the country.

        Correct.

John A. Quayle

"I know liberals by now....they have NO argument because they fear the
light of truth. They are the vampires of the modern world, whose only goal
is to herd us like cattle so that they may eat of our substance." - Dr
Memory,<uhclem at usit.net> 1-5-98