Walking the Dog

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Feb 23 19:56:54 MST 1998

At 04:53 PM 2/23/98 -0800, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>If driving Saddam from Kuwait was the sole directive of the war, then we
>accomplished that.  However, it appears as though elimination of his
>weapons of mass destruction were also a part of it.  I am not quite sure
>where we - or any nation - gets the authority - or the right - to dictate
>the weaponry of another nation. We sure wouldn't tolerate it.

        True. What it all comes down to is both military and economic might. Iraq
may have oil, but our country is head and shoulders over theirs, per
capita. Does this mean it's okay to attack, based on this relevation? Of
course not. But, this is still the measuring stick (and has been since
before Christ) in determining overall "strengths" or "weaknesses". This is
simple human nature - the "big boys" call all the shots......or in another
parlance, the guy throwing the coins gets to call the tune.

John A. Quayle

"I know liberals by now....they have NO argument because they fear the
light of truth. They are the vampires of the modern world, whose only goal
is to herd us like cattle so that they may eat of our substance." - Dr
Memory,<uhclem at usit.net> 1-5-98