SCOTT RITTER IS THE PROOF

Tue Feb 24 11:50:08 MST 1998

    During our last round of searching for Iraq's weapon making
facilities, Saddam "threw a fit" over the presence of
a Scott Ritter on the UNSCOM inspection team. The former
Marine's reputation for tough, no holds barred, inspection of
such facilities caused him to be denounced as a "U.S. Spy."

    After the U.N.'s Secretary General Annan announced Saddam's
approval of the weapons inspection "deal,"  Mr. Clinton gave his
qualified acceptance and said that "The proof is in the testing."

    Will we insist on the inclusion of Mr. Ritter as part of that
"testing?"  The answer to that question should tell us if we "won"
or "caved" into Saddam.

Ken Wyman

THE COMMITTEE OF ONE