A Reality Check

Dennis Putnam dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Feb 28 10:33:30 MST 1998

At 05:33 PM 2/27/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Actually - I support this, too.  Though - what if is successor is worse?
>Probably worth the gamble.

I've heard that argument, is couldn't be worse. The real problem is that
there would be no leader to replace him (assuming his inner circle were
eliminated too) and the country would be in a state or anarchy for a while.
Possibly an opportunity for Iran to expand and perhaps a destablization of
the entire area resulting in a situation where the US would have to play
world policeman again. Unfortunately we no longer have the military
strength to add yet another country to our meals on wheels program. The
failures of Hati, Bosnia and an assortment of African countries, etc.
already have us spread too thin.