Legal Junque

Daniel Bobke dbobke at HOME.COM
Tue Dec 14 15:02:29 MST 1999

We have very similar new rules here in California.  One of the amazing
caveats to our new rules is that they have EXEMPTED pre-1974 vehicles from
emissions requirements and testing!  For the most part, these are the most
offending vehicles on the road in terms of belching smoke.  We also have the
maximum dollar limit on repair costs, but it is ridiculously high (I think
$400).

I don't think it would be unreasonable for the court to allow you the
opportunity to explain why your vehicle does not meet the requirements.  I
don't know how much good it will do in the end, but it does give you the
opportunity to present any extenuating circumstances.

Yours in TRUTH, JUSTICE, & FAITH
Dan Bobke

"Truth to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman."
--Larry Elder

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
keys to teen-age boys."
--P.J. O'Rourke

"Only a virtuous people are capable of Freedom.  As a nation
becomes corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
--Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755