Two *GREAT* Quotes........

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue Dec 14 22:13:41 MST 1999

The Real Problem With the WTO

        “We all saw the recent demonstrations at the World Trade Organization
meetings in Seattle. Although many of those who were protesting were indeed
rallying against what they see as the evils of free trade and capitalist
markets, the real problem when it comes to the World Trade Organization is
not free trade. The WTO is the furthest thing from free trade. Instead, it
is an egregious attack upon our national sovereignty, and this is the
reason why we must vigorously oppose it. No nation can maintain its
sovereignty if it surrenders its authority to an international collective.
And, since sovereignty is linked inextricably to freedom, our very notion
of American liberty is at stake in this issue.”

- Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), FreedomWatch, 12/10/99

If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em

        "My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich
people. Then I reminded them, hey, I'm rich."

- Retiring basketball star Charles Barkley on his vote for former President
George Bush in 1988, Washington Times, 12/10/99