Free speech

Pam Charles bluecalyptus at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 22 20:25:34 MST 1999

--- Jim Nantz <jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU> wrote:
> There is an interesting case shaping up here in the
> Valley.  In the
> Phoenix suburb of Gilbert a 20 year old woman was
> arrested recently for
> disorderly conduct.
>
> One day a Gilbert police officer pulled her over for
> speeding.  While
> writing down her plate number he saw a bumper
> sticker on her car that
> said "If it's too loud you're too F*****G old."  The
> cop told her she
> would have to cover the offending word with tape or
> remove the sticker.
> She put tape on it, he gave her a warning for
> speeding and she left.
>
> The next day the cop went to the school where she
> works and saw that the
> tape over the offending word was not there anymore.
> He arrested her for
> disorderly conduct.  Now she is suing the city6 for
> $300,000.
>
> Part of me says that she's a little punk that hasn't
> grown up yet and
> needs to be taught a lesson.  Another part of me
> says this is free
> speech.  If they can bust her for the F word, then
> what else could they
> arrest her for saying?
>
> Also with the crime rate what it is I don't think we
> can afford to have
> cops running around checking what people have
> displayed on their car in
> the form of a bumper sticker.
>
> What do you think?

Jim, I think society has first a right to require
public decency, and second an obligation to require
it. Frankly, I don't want parents to have to explain
the nation's gutterfull of filth-speak to their
children, so that obnoxious, disrespectful little
sociopaths can throw "free speech" in our faces.
That's not free speech. The Founding Fathers would
have had the little moron creep in a pillory for
language like that, and you know it.

In society one simply CAN'T say anything one wants
anywhere they want, and that's a good thing. The
atavism, however, of today's "culture" (pardon me
while laugh) is steadily slouching toward the caves of
total freedom: anarchy.

The sneering little little attitude case needs her
face slapped, the officer needs public support, and
the judge needs to throw the case into the crapper
where it belongs.

Please give the "with the crime rate rate so high"
canard a rest, will you? The hardened criminal of
today was just little disrespectful bastard a few
years ago. He was allowed to fester until he bacame
the blight that he is today. The cop did right and I
applaud him.

But, if you truly don't mind foulmouths in your (and
presumably in your freinds' and family's) presence,
surely won't object to this. My method for dealing
with the nasty little bitch is called the KITA system.
KITA, of course, means Kick In The Ass. Use it often
often, use it with vigor.

Give the cop a break. He's probably the closest thing
to adult supervision the little twit has ever had.

For hobnailed boots, this is Pam