Rocker Inserts Foot

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Fri Dec 24 19:01:20 MST 1999

At 04:33 PM 12/25/99 -0600, Richard A Whitenight wrote:

>You may not agree with what John Rocker has to say about his fellow human
>beings in New York City, but he does have the right to say what he wants
>to say...the catch is that he is responsible for what he says also.

        I agree on both points. However, lemmie point out that because I was
robbed in Manhattan at the age of 12, I have no love for NYC. Rocker can
say whatever he likes. Besides, it's his skin, right?           :-)

> A local disk jockey in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex says that Rocker
>doesn't have the right to say what he did. When the day comes that man
>(or woman for that matter) is not allowed to speak his mind, then we
>might as well be mindless robots. I don't feel that John should be fined
>by his club or MLB, even if he does represent his team and the league.
>John's punishment will be the scorn from his fellow ballplayers.

        My son muttered that "Rocker ought to be traded to the Yankees." I cracked
up. Bright kid.....             ;-)

JAQ