Hank Aaron on Rocker

Daniel Bobke dbobke at HOME.COM
Tue Dec 28 10:17:05 MST 1999

Wait a minute...we need to be fair here.  No one ever ASKED Hank Aaron what
he thought about Farrakhan.  Hank Aaron was specifically asked what he
thought of the comments by a player employed by the same baseball club that
Hank Aaron is employed by.  It is unfair to expect that Hank Aaron should
now step up and give an oration on Calypso Louie or other black leaders.

What Rocker said may ring true in many people's heads and hearts, but it was
said in a public forum with animosity and bitterness.  He is rightly being
chastised by the public and by he employer he represents.  This is the way
things SHOULD be done - not in a court of law.  It is perfectly fine with me
if the Atlanta Braves want to rid themselves of John Rocker because of what
he said - I would hope that any employer would someday have the right to
employ whomever they want for whatever reason.

New York City has been greatly improved by Mayor Giuliani and he should be
applauded for that.  Any large city (Atlanta included, BTW) will have
diversity of culture, race, and (for lack of a better word) lifestyle.  If
you don't want those features, live in a small town.  But have the brains to
watch your mouth when being quoted in Sports Illustrated!

Yours in TRUTH, JUSTICE, & FAITH
Dan Bobke

"Truth to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman."
--Larry Elder

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car
keys to teen-age boys."
--P.J. O'Rourke

"Only a virtuous people are capable of Freedom.  As a nation
becomes corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
--Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755