Aaron Blasts Rocker

Jim Nantz jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Tue Dec 28 12:22:13 MST 1999

Rocker said:
> "Imagine having to take the (No.) 7 train to the ballpark,
looking like
>you're (riding through) Beirut next to some kid with purple
hair, next to
>some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out
of jail for
>the fourth time, next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids,"

What's wrong with what he said here?

> "The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the
foreigners," he
>reportedly said. "I'm not a very big fan of foreigners. You can
walk an
>entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking
English. Asians
>and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish
people and
>everything up there. How the hell did they get into this
country?"
Here I'd have to disagree with him.  If people want to come to
this country and become productive members of the community then
good for them.  Let them speak whatever language they want to.
If they want to make the best of the opportunities here they'll
have to learn English.