Aaron Blasts Rocker

Susan Correll SusanCorrell at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Dec 28 17:47:58 MST 1999

Merry Christmas all!!!!

I was shocked by the comments made by Rocker.  What a piece of scum he is.
My feeling is, if he doesn't like all the "kids with purple hair,and some
queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the
fourth time, next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids," then he should
live somewhere else.  Isn't that diversity practically the cornerstone of
New York???   I live in Harrisburg, Pa.   I have to admit, it was difficult
for me to get used to all the different kinds of people that live here.  I
came from the Pocono region, a predominantly white, middle class area.   It
took some getting used to, but we all have to allow the other guy his few
inches to live in.  I wonder what rock  Mr. Rocker crawled out from under?

Sue

----------
> From: Gary Freitag <gfreitag at GREATBATCH.COM>
> To: RUSHTALK at hermes.csd.net
> Subject: Re: Aaron Blasts Rocker
> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 11:51 AM
>
> > In the magazine story, Rocker was quoted in a searing assault on New
York
> >City and its diversity in a rambling discourse that ignited a public
furor
> >and prompted a sharp rebuke from Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
> >
> > "Imagine having to take the (No.) 7 train to the ballpark, looking like
> >you're (riding through) Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next
> >some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail
for
> >the fourth time, next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids," the
> >magazine
> >quoted Rocker as saying.
> >
> > "The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners," he
> >reportedly said. "I'm not a very big fan of foreigners. You can walk an
> >entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English.
Asians