Aaron Blasts Rocker

Pam Charles bluecalyptus at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 29 20:33:47 MST 1999

--- Susan Correll <SusanCorrell at WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
wrote:
> Merry Christmas all!!!!
>
> I was shocked by the comments made by Rocker.  What
> a piece of scum he is.
> My feeling is, if he doesn't like all the "kids with
> purple hair,and some
> queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just
> got out of jail for the
> fourth time, next to some 20-year-old mom with four
> kids," then he should
> live somewhere else.  Isn't that diversity
> practically the cornerstone of
> New York???

Susan, while I understand your sentiments, and while I
don't necessarily disagree with what you are trying to
say, please reconsider the word DIVERSITY.

Diversity sociologically is the opposite of
SOLIDARITY. Diversity separates us into little restive
self-indulgent enclaves, often competing with other
little restive self-indulgent enclaves. Diversity
celebrates difference. Solidarity celebrates unity.

Solidarity overlooks differences and welds the parts
into a unified whole. I'll take solidarity over
diversity any day.

E Pluribus Unum Pamum