flag burning ammendment

Jose Rojas joserojas at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jul 2 09:18:28 MDT 1999

From: Jim Nantz <jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU>

> The congress is at it again with this flag burning ammendment thing.
> What do you think?  Should it be illegal for you to burn a flag that you
> own?  Of course if you burn someone else's flag the cops can get you for
> burning someone else's stuff.

I go either way on a flag burning amendment. It is a slap in the face to those
who served our Country and yet the act itself is great example, albeit
disgusting one, of the freedoms for which those who served fought for.

We know we have freedom of speech but we can't yell fire in a crowded theatre or
incite a riot. I believe in prosecuting those who burn the flag under either of
those two ideas. If some decrepit wants to burn the flag in public then
prosecute them for inciting a riot if one is started by those who do not
appreciate the act. In addition I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of anyone
who does burn the flag.

Jose