Bubba in Hazzard

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue Jul 6 21:29:04 MDT 1999

At 08:05 PM 7/6/99 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:
>Yesterday King Bubba of Arksylvania (Bill Clinton) visited Hazard Ky, in
>order to promote some hair brained scheme of his to make him look good
>and spread around more federal pork. He claimed he wants to increase
>economic opportunity in impoverished areas. I have relatives who live
>not very far from there. (thank god they're there and not here) I know
>something about why that area is in the shape it's in. Here's the deal.

        Speaking of pork, did anyone see the woeful picture of deep Mississippi
that ABC News ran tonight? Specifically, they were talking about gambling
and having to recruit employeezs from Jonestown, Mississippi (which they
depicted as a Third World Nation). Things looked so shabby, the abject
poverty I witnessed in the Dominican some 35 years ago seemed tame by
comparison! How much you wanna bet that Clinton will run down there with a
mega-check?

Any Takers?

JAQ