Bubba in Hazzard

Jim Nantz jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Tue Jul 6 22:37:11 MDT 1999

John A. Quayle wrote:
>Speaking of pork, did anyone see the woeful picture of deep Mississippi
>that ABC News ran tonight? Specifically, they were talking about >gambling
>and having to recruit employeezs from Jonestown, Mississippi (which >they
>depicted as a Third World Nation). Things looked so shabby, the abject
>poverty I witnessed in the Dominican some 35 years ago seemed tame by
>comparison! How much you wanna bet that Clinton will run down there >with a
>mega-check?
>
> Any Takers?
>
> JAQ
I bet you that he had the check in his wallet when he went down there.
I can't wait to see how they spin his trip here tomorrow.  They say he's
going to visit a tortilla factory while he's in south Phoenix.  South
Phoenix is normally the worst part of town, but I bet you it's the
safest part of town tonight, especially around that tortilla factory.