Bubba in Hazzard

Susan Correll SusanCorrell at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Jul 7 17:29:01 MDT 1999

Hello all.  I'm new to the RUSHTALK arena, so forgive me if I rehash old
topics.

In addition to Dennis' view, it has been said to give a man a fish, he'll
eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish..........  well you know the
rest.  Why can't the democratic party understand that throwing money at a
problem merely reinforces the behavior of lethargy.  Welfare recipients
shouldn't work.  Why should they?  The government will support them, so why
should they support themselves?  I do believe that food stamps and medicaid
is a necessity, but I feel it should be used for very short periods of
time;  months, not years.    And, as much as I believed in workfare
recently, I new believe that forcing lazy people to work only creates
resentment.  They should be taught the value of a job well done, so that
they WANT to work.  Like my parents taught me.