Bubba in Hazzard

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Thu Jul 8 21:43:46 MDT 1999

At 10:17 PM 7/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>But tell me something John,
>
>What was the first thing the town or cities did after the Pearl shooting
>and the Columbine shooting and all the others?
>
>They went to church to pray.

        *PRECISELY*!!!! Does this seem a mite hypocritical to anyone? It does to me!

> Seems to me, if they'd pray a little every day instead of a lot, one day
a year, > we'd be a lot better off.

        No two ways about it! And let me tell you, having been (and still am) a
youth athletics coach & manager (boys' baseball / girls'
softball)........while I am encouraged at hearing more of my players
mentioning "church" (as in attending), I was stunned at how many players
I've heard over the course of 7, or 8 seasons, mention that they'd never
seen the inside of any church at all. When I managed a boys 7& 8 year-old
league, we had a tradition of joining in a quick, but heartfelt prayer
prior to the first pitch of each game. I spent two years as coach and two
more as manager of the same team - we never had one parental complaint
about prayer in those four seasons. I know I left the team in good hands,
for my successor was an assistant who was very spiritually-driven.

>This is Sue, climbing off her pulpit.  ;o)

        Preach on, darlin'! The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Doug know about
things mechanical. Am I right, Dougie?

John Q.
Amateur Coach & Mechanic