Let me run this by you all

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Fri Jul 9 20:05:15 MDT 1999

At 06:02 PM 7/9/99 -0400, Susan Correll wrote:

>This reminds me of another topic. Why does society find it impossible to
>accept pedophiles (stay with me here gang) so much so that they must
>"change" them, but they don't need to change gays or lesbians? What's the
>difference? I truly don't see any, except for the object of their
>affection. In my mind, which of you could decide tomorrow "hey, I think
>today I'll be a pedophile or a homosexual"? I certainly couldn't. I enjoy
>being hetero, and find it repulsive to change. So what makes society think
>that homosexuals could change? It is their sexual preference. Yes I
>believe it is a sickness, but it is their choice.

        Miz Correll, I run the risk of enraging you to a white-hot fit of pique
(but I do not do this intentionally, mind you) with the following
information. Bear in mind that our very own Sherry Zbar was similarly
angered and subsequently left the list. However, she and I remain on
amicable terms, while she retained custody of a mutual wacky sense of
humor. I am afforded visitation rights with the aforementioned humor, but
supervised.     ;o)

        Homosexuals are homosexual because of some quirk in their up-bringing that
leaves an imperceptable, but nearly indelible mark on their mental paradigm
of social interaction. The falsehood is in stating they cannot be changed.
They *CAN*, indeed, be changed - not easily, but possible.

        If you want to see some proof, go <http://www.otherside.net> (I think this
is the correct webby.......I'm getting old and losing my mind). When you
get there, look for the Anne Paulk(sp?) story.

Best,

John Q.