women's soccer

Mon Jul 12 08:58:36 MDT 1999

>IMHO soccer is a sport favored by liberals.  They try to force soccer,
>like everything else they like on us.  Is it my imagination or are the
>liberals in the media having a collective orgasm over this?

After reading these posts I can't figure out exactly what it is that ticks
people off.  is it the fact that so many people were excited by the game?
Is it the fact that it was women who won?  Is it the fact that the United
States won?  Is is because the game didn;t originate in the United States?

I never realized in all the years I have been watching soccer that it had a
political leaning.  I always watched it on its own merit.  I just never had
any idea that one's political beliefs could be determined by the sports he
or she likes.