women's soccer

Pam Charles bluecalyptus at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 12 09:39:26 MDT 1999

I thinks Stephen makes some good points here. I am glad our ladies won,
especially againt the PRC.  And while it is true that "soccer"
(football everywhere but USA) did not originate in USA (I don't know
where, exactly), neither did baseball ("rounders" in England).

My hangup with sports is a general one.  We spend way way too much
making gods out of arrogant, pampered, over-paid, loud and borish jocks
who are, 80 perecent of the time, filthy examples and role models for
our kids.  You will NEVER see me wearing professional "Sports Aparrel"
or slapping some goofy go-team-go bumper sticker on my family car.

Pam the Sportsbabe
---------