Hello

Daniel Bobke dbobke at HOME.COM
Tue Jul 20 12:55:57 MDT 1999

Welcome Junior!  As far as I could tell, you only spelled two words wrong - far below the number a typical public screwl product would do in a paragraph of that length.  I agree with you on phonics - my 4 year old is reading words and is able to sound out many things that I would never have expected.  We bought Junior Phonics Game and it was a tremendous investment!

Dan Bobke
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dennis Putnam, Jr.
  To: RUSHTALK at hermes.csd.net
  Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 9:20 AM
  Subject: Hello

  Greetings everybody.  I'm new to the list (well actually I was on this list a couple of years ago) and just wanted to introduce myself.  Most of you probably know my dad Dennis Putnam.  Although we share many of the same views I'm sure we won't agree on every subject.  After all I am an independent thinker. Anyway I look forward to contibuting and sparking intelligent debate.  One word of warning though.  I am a horrable speller.  You will  have to forgive me.  I am the product of the public school system and didn't learn to spell phoneticly.  I guess my parents should have bought me hooked on phonics (did they even have that back then?)  I am a firm believer that phonics is the way to go and that every school in America should teach it.