Print-out, Sign And Send!

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue Jul 20 20:17:26 MDT 1999

Call for Congress to PHASE-OUT Social Security

        Please sign this document and mail it to your Senators and Representatives
in the United States Congress. Please distribute copies of the text in
paper and e-mail format to all those who may also be interested in signing.

WHEREAS the Social Security tax is regressive, largely taking from the
less-wealthy in order to give to the more-wealthy, and,

WHEREAS the Social Security tax has always been a spend-as-you-go program
rather than a true investment program, and,

WHEREAS the Social Security tax is a ponzi or pyramid type scheme in which
the early recipients of the benefits received far more than they ever paid
into the system, while the younger generations today will pay far more than
they will ever receive, and,

WHEREAS the number of people who receive benefits from Social Security
relative to the number of people who pay the
tax is expected to increase drastically within the next few decades,
creating an unbearable strain on the economy, and,

WHEREAS the Social Security tax was created more as a politically expedient
way of pushing elderly workers out of the labor force during the Great
Depression rather than because of any real need for charity, and,

WHEREAS the Social Security tax creates inter-generational strife, and,

WHEREAS nearly every individual in the United States, including me, is
capable of making his or her own plans for savings and retirement, and,

WHEREAS any type of mandatory, regulated savings account would violate the
freedom of the individual to decide how to spend his or her hard-earned money,

THEREFORE, I hereby solemnly swear to renounce any and all Social Security
benefits for myself, refusing to partake of this ill-conceived transfer
program, and,

FURTHERMORE, I call on the United States Congress to PHASE-OUT the Social
Security tax by increasing the age at which benefits are paid by three
months every year, into perpetuity, and to check increases in benefits of
those who receive funds from Social Security.

Respectfully Signed,