Speaking of *SICK*........

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Thu Jul 22 13:38:00 MDT 1999

Before you pass this over as conspiratorial quackery, PLEASE go to
the end and read the documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Wright <dwright at pgh.net>
To: chas108 at 3rdm.net <chas108 at 3rdm.net>
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 10:18 PM
Subject: Al Gore’s Vision of Planetary Oneness

                          Al Gore’s Vision of Planetary Oneness

                                   by Berit Kjos <www.crossroad.to>

     "Al Gore's celebrated new emphasis on ‘religious values’ is as phony
as a three-dollar bill," said WND editor Joseph
     Farah in his July 16 column. "
 I truly believe Al Gore is the point
man in a campaign to set a fatal trap for America's
     churches and Christian charities."

     Mr. Farah is right. Vice President Gore’s "faith-friendly" campaign
hides beliefs that oppose Christianity and his
     Baptist roots on every point. The evidence is in his book, Earth in
the Balance - Ecology and the Human Spirit.1 It
     calls for a "panreligious perspective" that would squeeze Christianity
into a universalist mold. The old biblical absolutes
     simply don’t fit the new global spirituality needed as a foundation
for a global earth-centered ethic. Whether Buddhist,
     Baha’i, Native American, or "Christian" (without the cross), each
model for this blended spirituality must be:

     · pantheistic: god is all, god is in everything
     · monistic: all are one, all are spiritually interconnected
     · evolving: always ready to adapt to the changing requirements of our
globalist leaders and of the Total Quality
     Management process used to "re-invent government."

     Hard to believe? Then ponder the quotations below. In his book, Vice
President Gore --

     1. Attempts to diagnose the root problem of our Western culture:

          "...we feel increasingly distant from our roots in the earth...
we lost our feeling of connectedness to the
          rest of nature." (page 1)

     2. Finds answers in pantheistic connectedness:

          "A modern prayer of the Onondaga tribe in upstate New York offers
another beautiful expression of our
          essential connection to the earth: 'O Great Spirit, whose breath
gives life to the world and whose voice is
          heard in the soft breeze... make us wise so that we may
understand what you have taught us...'" (page
          259)

     3. Seeks wisdom from the world’s earth-centered religions:

          "The richness and diversity of our religious tradition throughout
history is a spiritual resource long ignored
          by people of faith, who are often afraid to open their minds to
teachings first offered outside their own
          system of belief. But the emergence of a civilization in which
knowledge moves freely and almost
          instantaneously throughout the world has. . . spurred a renewed
investigation of the wisdom distilled by
          all faiths. This panreligious perspective may prove especially
important where our global civilization's
          responsibility for the earth is concerned." (pages 258-259)

     4. Points to Native Americans as spiritual models:

          "Native American religions, for instance, offer a rich tapestry
of ideas about our relationship to the earth.
          One of the most moving and frequently quoted explanations was
attributed to Chief Seattle in 1855. . . .
          [It was actually written by Ted Perry for a 1971 environmental
movie]: ‘Will you teach your children what
          we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? . . .
This we know: the earth does not belong
          to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like
the blood that unites us all.'" (page 259)

     5. Validates ancient goddess worship – which, according to Al Gore,
preceded our biblical heritage:

          "The spiritual sense of our place in nature . . . can be traced
to the origins of human civilization. A
          growing number of anthropologists and archeo-mythologists. . .
argue that the prevailing ideology of belief
          in prehistoric Europe and much of the world was based on the
worship of a single earth goddess, who
          was assumed to be the fount of all life and who radiated harmony
among all living things. . . .
          [Ceremonial sites] seem to confirm the notion that a goddess
religion was ubiquitous throughout much of
          the world until the antecedents of today's religions--most of
which still have a distinctly masculine
          orientation--swept out of India and the Near East, almost
obliterating belief in the goddess. The last
          vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by
Christianity . . . . [I]t seems obvious that a
          better understanding of a religious heritage preceding our own by
so many thousands of years could offer
          us new insights . . . ." (page 260)

     6. Endorses feminist substitutes for God:

          "One modern Hindu environmentalist, Dr. Karan Singh, regularly
cites the ancient Hindu dictum: "The
          Earth is our mother, and we are all her children. . . . Guru
Nanak [founder of Sikhism] said, ‘Air is the
          Vital Force, Water the Progenitor, the Vast Earth the Mother of
All.’" (page 261)

     7. Promotes a "new faith in the future" as essential to humanity,
religion, and the sanctity of the planet:

          "The religious ethic of stewardship is indeed harder to accept if
one believes the world is in danger of
          being destroyed -- by either God or humankind. This point was
made by the Catholic theologian, Teillard
          de Chardin when he said, ‘The fate of mankind , as well as of
religion, depends upon the emergence of a
          new faith in the future.’ Armed with such a faith, we might find
it possible to resanctify the earth." (page
          263)

     8. Blends Christianity with pantheism:

          "My own faith is rooted in the unshakable belief in God as
creator and sustainer, a deeply personal
          interpretation of and relationship with Christ, and an awareness
of a constant and holy spiritual presence
          in all people, all life, and all things." (page 265)

     9. Demands total commitment to do whatever it takes to involve
everyone in the earth-centered vision.
     Would "every tactic and strategy" include compromise, lies, deception,
and propaganda? Would "every law and
     institution" include unconstitutional laws and regulations? His quote
below, together with his words and actions during
     the last few years, seem to indicate that any questionable means would
be justified by the alarming end: to establish a
     global management system that would execute the UN plan for
sustainable development 2 and build "consensus for
     this new organizing principle:"

          "Adopting a central organizing principle – one agreed to
voluntarily – means embarking on an all-out
          effort to use every policy and program, every law and
institution, every treaty and alliance, every tactic
          and strategy, every plan and course of action – to use, in short,
every means to halt the destruction of
          the environment . . . . Minor shifts in policy, moderate
improvement in laws and regulations, rhetoric
          offered in lieu of genuine change—these are all forms of
appeasement, designed to satisfy the public’s
          desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching
transformation of society will not be
          necessary." (page 274, Emphasis added)

     10. Calls for a global environmental education plan that would change
public consciousness and change
     our understanding of reality:

          "The fifth major goal of the Global Marshall Plan should be . . .
to organize a worldwide education
          program to promote a more complete understanding of the crisis.
In the process, we should actively
          search for ways to promote a new way of thinking about the
current relationship between human
          civilization and the earth." (page 355)

     This "new way of thinking" is the primary goal of UNESCO’s worldwide
program for "lifelong learning." No document
     summarizes it better than Our Creative Diversity, the 1995 book-sized
report from the UN Commission on Culture and
     Development. Published by UNESCO, it tells us that --

          "The challenge to humanity is to adopt new ways of thinking, new
ways of acting, new ways of
          organizing itself in society, in short, new ways of living."3

     The "new ways of thinking" about our relationship to the planet and to
our communities are essential to solidarity and
     sustainable development. Each person must be assessed for their
conformity to the new global values and spirituality.
     All must be trained and managed in groups and show readiness to
compromise for the sake of unity and peace.4

     These partnerships are central to the global management system. They
would link health care and schools, schools
     and workplace, business and community, community and churches,
churches and welfare. Each part of the massive
     network of partnerships would function on the basis of Total Quality
Management and the consensus process.5

     Already, compliant churches are embracing the new management system
which trades accountability to biblical truth
     for compliance with TQM guidelines.6 Most mainline denominations have
also signed the U.S. Department of
     Education’s contract titled "Statement of Common Purpose of Religious
Leaders." It commits churches across the
     country to participate in the government program of "helping parents
in the education of their children." Churches learn
     from the state (or private partners to the state) how to "help
parents" teach their children. Parents are then persuaded
     to participate in the consensus process – thinking collectively rather
than individually -- both in church groups and at
     home. In church as well in our global culture, solidarity and
compliance are in. Separateness and biblical
     accountability are out.

     Al Gore unveiled the heart of his political vision and education
program in 1991. "Seeing ourselves as separate is the
     central problem in our political thinking,"7 he announced at a
Communitarian conference in Washington.

     Five years later, at his 1997 White House Conference on Hate-Crimes,
President Clinton would repeat the battle cry
     against cultural separation: "There would almost have to be some sort
of club or organization at the school -- because
     if you think about it, your parents are still pretty well separated.
Most houses of worship are still fairly segregated. . . .
     We [the government?] have to find a disciplined, organized way out of
this."8

     Perhaps our two "Baptist" leaders in the White House don’t know that
the biblical God tells His people to separate
     from an immoral culture and other gods. Or perhaps they fear
identifying with a practice so politically incorrect that
     Clinton now equates it with hate. One thing is certain, their
political agenda and vision of oneness is totally
     incompatible with biblical truth.

     As Joseph Farah said in his July editorial, "Al Gore has something
else in mind." Indeed, if he becomes president, he
     would not only continue to nurture the partnerships between church and
state which began under President Clinton.
     Gore would also have to change the church to fit the state. The
politically correct church would have to compromise,
     and its eternal truths would be conformed to the new global ideology.
The God of the Bible would be replaced by the
     god of political expediency.

     Our cultural problem is separation from God, not from nature. While
God told us to care for the earth, He warned us
     against pagan religions. Contrary to the revised and idealized myths
now flooding the western world,9 nature-worship
     brings violence and destruction, not peace and harmony.10

     God alone shows the way to genuine harmony and oneness. To those who
love Him, all of nature demonstrates the
     glory, wisdom, love and power of God – not because He is one with all
forms of life, but because only an all-wise,
     all-powerful Creator could make such a beautiful planet.

     He who created all life also knows best how to educate our children
and build strong churches that honor Him. He has
     already shown us the steps. To the embarrassment of politically
correct churches, these steps include spiritual
     separation. His people must be "in the world but not of the world,"
ready to love and care for the needy, but yoked to
     Christ, not to government programs with their rules and restrictions.
As He told us long ago:

          "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what
fellowship has righteousness with
          lawlessness? . . . And what agreement has the temple of God with
idols? For you are the temple of the
          living God. . . . Therefore ‘Come out from among them and be
separate," says the Lord. "Do not touch
          what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to
you, and you shall be My sons and
          daughters." 11

     A personal postscript :

     Some readers have expressed their indignation at my personal Christian
bias and "religious intolerance." I so
     appreciate their honesty – and the right we still share in America to
freely express our beliefs and opinion. While
     writing the above report, I was concerned that I might sound
"intolerant" to those who didn't share my beliefs. But like
     them, I must follow my convictions and conscience. So I wrote the
article as a warning to everyone. It is not an
     attempt to impose my faith on anyone else, since I believe that Al
Gore as well as all other Americans must be free to
     believe whatever they choose.

     Aside from Al Gore's political clout, the main reason for my concern
over his earth-centered spirituality is his
     hypocrisy. He still calls himself a Baptist and poses to the Christian
community as a practicing Christian. Therefore
     many still trust him and see him as a brother. That makes him all the
more dangerous.

     I'm sorry if I have offended you. But this is a public message, one
not directed at any individual person. In a nation like
     ours, any position will offend a sizeable group of people. The
consensus process, which is squeezing much of America
     into its new mold, rules out any expression that would violate
someone's comfort zone. As you can see, I don't follow
     those rules. Nor do I believe that any true American should obey the
consensus guidelines. Our nation was founded on
     individualism and freedom. Let’s not give those up in the name of
tolerance or consensus.

     I thank those of you who have taken time to respond to my article and
share your disagreement. I appreciate you a lot
     -- and all the more because you don't share my beliefs.

     Gratefully,
     Berit

     Endnotes:

     1. Al Gore, Earth in the Balance; Ecology and the Human Spirit
(Houghton Mifflin, 1992)
     2. Sustainable development refers to the 3 E’s: Environment, Economy,
and Equity. Not only does it use the
     environmental crisis to establish unthinkable regulations in order to
control natural and human resources. It would also
     redistribute the world’s (mainly America’s) resources under the noble
banner of worldwide social equity. For practical
     answers to the pseudo-scientific arguments used to validate global
warming and other environmental crises, see
     Chapter 5 of Brave New Schools.
     3. Our Creative Diversity (UNESCO, 1995), page 11.
     4. See The UN Plan for Your Mental Health
     5. See The UN Plan for Your Community.
     6. I hope to write a report on this topic in the near future.
     7. Corinne McLaughlin and Gordon Davidson, Spiritual Politics (New
York: Ballantine Books, 1994), 147.
     8. For more information on President Clinton’s White House Conference
on Hate-Crimes (WHCHC), November 10,
     1997, see Clinton’s War on Hate Bans Christian Values.
     9. See Brave New Schools, chapter 4 and 5.
     10. Documented by archeology and history. See warnings in Deuternonomy
chapters 8, 9, 18, 28.
     11. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

                          | Home | Armor of God | Christian Persecution |
His Word | Our Articles |

                                         | Books / Videos | Links |

                                               ÿÿÿ

Donna "Electra Angelbyte" Wright
"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2b