Hello

Jose Rojas joserojas at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jul 23 12:32:33 MDT 1999

Depending on the version you are using:

Click on the word "ICQ" then "Security & privacy" CHECK "Do not allow others to
see my IP address" then click Save.
If you have a different version - I'm sure the steps are similar.

Q: Why do you want to do this?
A: Everytime you log onto the internet you are assigned an IP address (usually
different everytime you log on)
If I were to find your IP address, I would then have a direct connection into
your computer (while you're connected to the Net) and if I wanted to, I could
cause ALLOT of damage, ain't that right John?

Back Orifice 2000 is a program with which I can control another person's
computer from across the country, its very powerful, I hear from friends. I'm
not sure whether you can detect it on your computer but I'm sure the major
anti-virus programs can detect it- just update your virus libraries and run.
Back Orifice IS NOT a virus and can be used legitimately.

For more info: http://www.bo2k.com/indexnews.html

Jose
Feeling like a geek today.
Live long and prosper.

ICQ:                                     10675768
Homepage:                           http://members.xoom.com/rojas/
Vast Right Wing Conspiracy: http://www.visitweb.com/vrwc