His Holiness The Pope...

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Jul 26 11:06:39 MDT 1999

At 04:20 AM 7/26/99 EDT, Richard A Whitenight wrote:

>...will shortly be postumously awarding John F Kennedy Jr, the diety
>ranking of God.
>
>Is anyone on this list ready to vomit after all of this crap being fed to
>us on all of the cable and network news show?

        I sure am! Let the man rest in peace, for petesakes! What's that line from
"Candle In The Wind"?

        "Even when you died.....
        How the press still hounded you......."

        It fits this situation, as well. Fame can be a prison and the media can be
horrendously brutal. That's why neither Elvis, nor the Beatles could live
"normal lives" at the height of their respective careers. On tour, the
Beatles couldn't leave their hotel rooms, for fear of causing a mob scene.
Can you imagine being away from home, doing a two hour show, and then
having to rush back to your hotel room?

        Once, while on tour, Elvis had to rent an entire amusement part - just to
break the tension and do something other than vegetate in a crummy hotel. I
don't recall reading that Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Billie Holliday, The
Ink Spots or even Frank Sinatra needing to live like this. Dare I say it,
but perhaps this speaks highly of the values of the post-WWII generation?!?

John Q.