It's the weather stupid

Jim Nantz jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Mon Jul 26 14:57:46 MDT 1999

John A. Quayle wrote:
>         The most laughable piece I've seen yet, is one from last night. In part,
> it said that the landing strip lights on Martha's Vineyard were so bright
> that they blinded John-John. Therefore, he crashed.
>
>         Did the author not stop and consider that the wattage necessary to
> accomplish this would not have been possible?!?

If this were even remotely possible the lights would have to be so
bright that the neighbors would have complained about the bright
lights.  Also it seems to me it would be against FAA regs to have lights
so bright they would blind a pilot.