tax cuts

Dennis Putnam, Jr. dput at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Jul 26 18:27:23 MDT 1999

I was listening to a local radio talk show today where the subject was
on tax cuts.  It just amazed me at how many people are against them.  I
just don't understand it.  The government has done a very good job at
convincing people that the money they earn belongs to them and they will
decide how much you deserve.  How in the world did this country ever
survive without an income tax?  I have friends how actually look forward
to tax time each year.  This is because they get huge refunds and think
they are sticking it to the government.  They just think its great.
When I told them I had to by 50 bucks to the government they said oh
that's a shame.  I said no, it came out just right.  They thought I was
crazy.  They just don't understand the system.
The bottom line is we work very hard for our money and deserve ALL of
it.  Every single penny.  We should be the ones telling the government
how much they deserve, not the other way around.

---------
Dennis Putnam, Jr.