Horribly, Unbelievably Un-PC Prayer!!!

Pam Charles bluecalyptus at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 27 23:04:05 MDT 1999

>From a friend:

When minister Joe Wright was asked to open the new session of the
Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting the usual politically-correct
generalities, but what they heard instead was a stirring prayer,
passionately calling our country to repentance and righteousness.

The response was immediate.  A number of legislators walked out during
the prayer in protest.  In six short weeks, the Central Christian
Church had logged more than 5,000 phone calls with only 47 of those
calls responding negatively.  The church is now receiving international
requests for copies of the prayer from India, Africa and Korea.

Commentator PAUL HARVEY aired the prayer on The Rest of the Story on
the radio and received a larger response to this program than any other
he has ever aired !!

                         THE  PRAYER

Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask Your forgiveness and
to seek Your direction and guidance.  We know Your Word says, "Woe on
those who call evil good," but that's exactly what we have done.  We
have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it
pluralism.

We have worshiped other gods and called it multi-culturalism.

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle.

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.

We have neglected the needy and called it self preservation.

We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.

We have killed our unborn children and called it a choice.

We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building
self-esteem.

We have abused power and called it political savvy.

We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it
freedom of expression.

We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called
it enlightenment.

Search us, O God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin
and set us free.  Guide and bless these men and women who have

been sent to direct us to the center of Your will.

I ask it in the name of Your Son, the living Savior, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Pam