More On The Subject of Taxes.....

kewcomm1 at IX.NETCOM.COM kewcomm1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Jul 29 09:00:07 MDT 1999

   The politicos in Washington keep showing their contempt for
citizen intelligence -- although watching poll results one could
see the reason for some contempt -- by trying to sell us on a tax
cut that 1)is based on a very suspicious budget projection; 2)the
size of the cut of any of the cutting schemes is minimal in most
cases, indistinguishable in others; 3)the cuts will take effect
in five years IF the budget projections justify it at that time.

   Yes, you've got to start some time to give us some of OUR money
back to us, but not with the meaningless "smoke and mirrors" effort
now being foisted on us by the House and Senate.

    Throw in our ever lying President's demogogic attempts to kill
any sizable tax cut by keeping OUR money to use for his current and
proposed social welfare programs -- he has said to some to think that
he and "his" government knows better how to use OUR money than we do.

    Unfortunately some maladroit plan will most likely emerge from
a "dung heap" of intellectually dishonest taxing proposals and those
polticos will then trumpet the "glory" of their tax cuts for we
the people.

    As Al Smith once said, "No matter how you slice it, it's still
baloney."

Ken Wyman

THE COMMITTEE OF ONE