More On The Subject of Taxes.....

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Thu Jul 29 10:05:15 MDT 1999

At 10:00 AM 7/29/99 -0500, kewcomm1 at IX.NETCOM.COM wrote:

>   The politicos in Washington keep showing their contempt for
>citizen intelligence -- although watching poll results one could
>see the reason for some contempt -- by trying to sell us on a tax
>cut that 1)is based on a very suspicious budget projection; 2)the
>size of the cut of any of the cutting schemes is minimal in most
>cases, indistinguishable in others; 3)the cuts will take effect
>in five years IF the budget projections justify it at that time.

        One of the reasons that the budget projections are "suspicious" is because
a great deal of spending is now considered "off-the-books" and away from
our prying eyes. Like what, you ask? Like FEMA, Black Ops (ie, drug
smuggling and anti-drug taskforces) and similar arrangements.

>   Yes, you've got to start some time to give us some of OUR money
>back to us, but not with the meaningless "smoke and mirrors" effort
>now being foisted on us by the House and Senate.

        And wasn't Greenspan completely *RECKLESS* in his statements about cutting
taxes?!?

>    Throw in our ever lying President's demogogic attempts to kill
>any sizable tax cut by keeping OUR money to use for his current and
>proposed social welfare programs -- he has said to some to think that
>he and "his" government knows better how to use OUR money than we do.

        Apparently, he's hornswoggled Greenspan into publicly endorsing this
agenda, somewhat.

>    Unfortunately some maladroit plan will most likely emerge from
>a "dung heap" of intellectually dishonest taxing proposals and those
>polticos will then trumpet the "glory" of their tax cuts for we the people.

        You can bet the rent on that, for sure.......

>    As Al Smith once said, "No matter how you slice it, it's still
>baloney."

        So apropos......

John Q.