Where do Rush and Marta put their cell phones?

Ray Thomas raythomas101 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 12 08:14:07 MST 1999

Jim:

My cel phone doesn't vibrate. But there IS the "off" button to push when
going such places.

Any attempt to limit cel phone use anywhere else but a place like that is
unwarranted interference.

RAY THOMA$
P. O. Box 16247, Denver, CO 80216-0247
Phone: 720-351-3674
To visit any of my web sites or subscribe to any of my newsletters or
discussion lists, go to my personal web site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/co2/RayThomas and click on the appropriate link.
Lots of new articles "of enduring interest" in "Information Central."

------

Government:P. J. O'Rourke

"Our government gets more than thugs in a protection racket demand, more
even than discarded first wives of famous rich men receive in divorce court.
Then this government, swollen and arrogant with pelf, goes butting into our
business. It checks the amount of tropical oils in our snack foods, tells us
what kind of gasoline we can buy for our cars and how fast we can drive
them, bosses us around about retirement, education and what's on TV; counts
our noses and asks fresh questions about who's still living at home and how
many bathrooms we have [and how big our toilet tanks can be -RT]; decides
whether the door to our office or shop should have steps or a wheelchair
ramp; decrees the gender and complexion of the people to be hired there;
lectures us on safe sex; dictates what we can sniff, smoke and swallow; and
waylays young men, ships them to distant places and tells them to shoot
people they don't even know."

------

"During the 1973 International Education Seminar, Harvard psychiatrist
Chester M. Pierce, speaking as an expert in public education, said: "Every
child in America entering school at the age of five is mentally ill because
he comes to school with certain allegiances to our founding fathers, toward
our elected officials, toward his parents, toward a belief in a supernatural
being, and toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate entity. It's
up to you as teachers to make all these sick children well by creating the
international child of the future."
                    Chester M. Pierce, Harvard psychiatrist,
                    speaking as an expert in public education at the
                    1973 International Education Seminar

------

"In the beginning of a change, The Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and
scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it
costs nothing to be a patriot."
                    -- Mark Twain

------

"If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should
have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates
reduced by such legislation.  That they cannot do so after a century and a
half of trying - that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts at
gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the
1920-1939 period, and the attempts at both Federal and State levels in
1965-1976 - establishes the repeated, complete, and inevitable failure of
gun laws to control crime."
                    --Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah)
                      quoted from "The Right to Keep and
                      Bear Arms, Report of the Senate
                      Subcommittee on the Constitution,
                      Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office,
                      February 1982, p. vii.

------