A Pearl of Wisdom.....

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue Jan 4 21:09:55 MST 2000

[from another list.....]

On 1/3/00 6:02 AM, KnightsCross at aol.com wrote:

> Why does it seem that those who are first to scream about intolerance are,
> many times, some of the most intolerant?  Why does it seem that those who
> decry the use of labels, are often the first to plaster labels on someone?

Very true statement, actually.  Remember the Black Panther, for example?  Or
NOW, IPPF (aka Planned Parenthood)?  All claim that the "other side" is
being intolerant of their position(s) and, of course, slander them to no end
about it.

Sometimes I just sit back and ask, "My God, what have we done to this
world?"  It's enough to just make my mind shift to neutral and just live my
day, I'll say that much.

I just wish I knew a way into those minds, you know?  Just to be able to
say, "You see how easy it is to put me lower because you think I put you
lower?  It's not intentional, it's life and human nature.  How about we both
try harder, eh?"  <sigh>  Well, I do what I can to those I meet, I guess
that's all we can do, isn't it?

Chris Rock said it best, "Who do you think is more racist, a white man or a
black man? <pause>  A black man, 'cause he hates black men too!"  There's a
pearl of wisdom in that statement if you look hard enough, and it has
nothing to do with races.