Child Protection-Not

Ray Thomas raythomas101 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 6 11:54:49 MST 2000

CHILD PROTECTION-NOT

>From the Forced Altruism List 1/6/2000
Copyright © 2000 By Ray Thomas
Reposting permitted in complete form with the contact information at the end
intact.

THE MURDER OF TERRELL PETERSON BY HIS FOSTER PARENT

This is how your "child protectors" protect children. Just in the state of
Georgia more than 800 children have died over the last five years AFTER they
came under the "protection" of the child protectors. According to CBS News,
some died in accidents or of illness. But many were murdered, often by
foster parents.

But did you hear about it? Not on your tintype! The child protectors work
under a "veil of secrecy." Consequently, it doesn't matter how many children
are murdered or allowed to die under their care. It's all "confidential."
And you'd better believe they will pull out all stops to keep it that way.

But once in a while a story comes out, as did the one about 5-year-old
Terrell Peterson who was (allegedly) beaten to death by his foster mother
with the incompetent help of the state of Georgia. You see, they took
Terrell away from his crack addict mother and put him in the care of the
grandmother of his half brother and half sister, Fran Peterson.

Then they ignored him for more than a year until he was beaten to death.

They broke many of their own rules when they did this: children are supposed
to be placed with blood relatives; they're supposed to be visited every
month; and under no circumstances are foster parents allowed to hit
children.

According to other children in the home, Fran Peterson kept Terrell tied up
"a lot." According to a note of instructions allegedly left by Peterson for
his care, "He gets a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, lunch he gets grits, and
dinner he gets grits. His hands are always tied."

Gruel for all three meals and his hands tied all the time. This is how
Terrell Peterson was treated in the last year of his life. One day, his Head
Start teacher, Joanne Bryant, found him looking in the trash for food.
Nothing was done, no reports were filed. After his death, police found the
panty hose that were used to tie him to a banister.

At Thanksgiving time in 1996, he was taken to the emergency room and was
diagnosed with "battered-child syndrome." He was covered with cuts, bruises
and cigarette burns and weighed only 29 pounds.

Amazingly, after being arrested for child abuse, Peterson's case was
dismissed when the caseworker, Cheryl Elmore, failed to show up in court
with Terrell. So the judge dismissed the case. Then Elmore wrote and
"backdated" a fraudulent report saying that "The judge, after hearing all
the evidence, determined that there was no child abuse and dismissed the
case."

The Department of Family and Children Services determined that Terrell was
safe on the basis of this lying memo and sent him back to Peterson, who was
so mad at being arrested that she burned the flesh off the bottom of both of
his feet within a week of getting him back. So bad that they had to graft
skin from his hip to his feet so he could walk.

A year later, during which the child protectors did not see Terrell at all,
he was dead. The coroner found it difficult to settle on a single cause of
death since there were so many injuries. So he finally, according to CBS,
wrote simply "blunt impact injuries to the head, trunk and extremities."

Finally, at this point, Fran Peterson was charged with capital murder.

THE COVER-UP

Now the cover-up began, aided by the "confidentiality" laws. The department
conducted two internal investigations of the case and found: "failure to
make contacts, failure to conduct mandatory monthly meetings, a serious lack
of judgment, and numerous violations throughout the history of the case."

But amazingly, these findings were NOT made public. Department officials
decided that a cover-up was in order and retreated behind the
"confidentiality" factor. Ralph Mitchell, administrator of the Atlanta
office, said that his agency shared the sense of "outrage at the loss of
precious life," but that the department had responded "immediately and
comprehensively" and that "all of (its) steps were followed in the case of
Terrell." That this was as much of a bald-faced lie as was the one
caseworker Elmore told in her report about the earlier trial is now obvious.

Then he told his boss that his press release in this case was false, but
that fortunately no one in the media had called to follow up. His boss
claims to have told him to correct this, but so far, he hasn't.

Of course, they didn't have to worry about being discovered because Terrel's
records were sealed by the state privacy law. This worked for more than a
year until someone in the office had an "attack of conscience" and sent a
copy of the file to Atlanta Attorney Don Keenan who is now suing the
department on Terrell's behalf. Without this release, chances are that the
complicity of the child protectors in Terrell's death would have never been
discovered. It would have been just another unfortunate case of a child
killed by a foster parent "in spite of all our efforts." [They would have
said piously. -RT]

Fred Zackery, a former department supervisor, who was fired for insisting on
working "by the book," said: "For so long it had been accepted that if you
made the visits, OK. If you didn't make the visits, nothing was going to
happen. IF A CHILD DIED, THE CHILD DIED." (Emphasis mine -RT)

Georgia governor Roy Barnes has ordered a review of all foster care deaths.
I wonder what kind of a "can of worms" THAT will open.

Amazingly, Elmore, the case worker who wrote a lying memo that resulted in a
child being tortured for more than a year, then murdered, is still working
as a social worker for the department. Mitchell, the administrator who wrote
the lying press release, is still in THE SAME JOB.

And another caseworker decided that Ms. Peterson was "fit to take care of
Terrell's half sister and half brother who had been in the household at the
time of the murder." The arrogance and incompetence of these people are
boundless. Fortunately, "cooler heads" prevailed and they are now with
another family. I wonder if THIS family will murder them.

These are the people who SAY they "protect" our children. What they really
do makes me want to vomit. We'll never know how many children will die
because of their incompetence and lack or caring about the children they
CLAIM to be protecting. And if it's happening in Georgia to such an extent,
you KNOW it's happening all over just as much, while the perpetrators are
protected by the confidentiality laws.

Georgia Governor Barnes wants to set up a Child Advocate Office with the
power to supercede the confidentiality law and inspect any case at any time.
That has been tried in Colorado and it was passed -- except that the power
to compel compliance was removed from the law as "giving too much power to
the office." In other words, in Colorado, we have such an office -- without
any teeth.

So the abuse and murder of children by foster parents will go on in this
state, as it no doubt does in every state. And we'll never know about it
because they can hide behind the confidentiality laws to cover their asses.

To visit any of my web sites or subscribe to any of my newsletters or
discussion lists, go to my personal web site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/co2/RayThomas and click on the appropriate link.
Lots of new articles in "Information Central."

They are:
The "Forced Altruism Scam" web site
The "Forced Altruism" List
The "Child Protector Watch" site or newsletter
The "Stay Alive Longer" web site or newsletter
The "Beyond Common Sense" online newsletter
The "Simple Web Sites" Design site.

"Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
                   Doug Quirmbach, Moderator
                   The Awakening Lions List

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any
copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without
profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving
the included information for non-profit research and educational purposes
only.  Ref.: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

CHANGING QUOTES OF NOTE

HILLARY'S VISION FOR YOUR CHILDREN:

I've been writing about the intent to take control of your children for some
time now. And others are just now beginning to realize it, although they
haven't made the connection to the "child protector scam." Here's part of a
blurb for a new book by Regenery, "Hell to Pay," about Hillary Clinton's
quest for power:

"...you'll discover Hillary's 'vision' for American family life in the 21st
century ... a 'brave new world' in which mothers and fathers take a backseat
to an army of teachers, pediatricians and social workers who will take over
the main task of child rearing. In Hillary's America, social workers will
even be allowed to make 'preemptive visits' -- like  Gestapo agents in Nazi
Germany -- into the private homes of parents earmarked as 'at risk' for 'bad
parenting.' The determination of what constitutes 'bad parenting' will, of
course, be made by the most politically correct of government bureaucrats."

In other words, a bureaucrat gets to "define" you as being a "bad parent" on
a whim and then the child protector Gestapo can enter your home at will,
without a warrant, based on that whim. This is a major part of "Hillary's
Vision."

                    -From "Random Shots" in the "Forced Altruism List

------

All Children Are Crazy!

"During the 1973 International Education Seminar, Harvard psychiatrist
Chester M. Pierce, speaking as an expert in public education, said: "Every
child in America entering school at the age of five is mentally ill because
he comes to school with certain allegiances to our founding fathers, toward
our elected officials, toward his parents, toward a belief in a supernatural
being, and toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate entity. It's
up to you as teachers to make all these sick children well by creating the
international child of the future."
                    Chester M. Pierce, Harvard psychiatrist,
                    speaking as an expert in public education at the
                    1973 International Education Seminar

------

Journalism and Truth

John Swinton, the former chief of staff of the "New York Times," called by
his peers, "the dean of his profession", was asked in 1953 to give a toast
before the New York Press Club. He responded with the following statement:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as
an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who
dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand
that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am
connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things,
and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be
out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions
to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation
would be gone.

"The business of the Journalist is to destroy truth; To lie outright; To
pervert; To vilify; To fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country
and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly
is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals for rich
men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and
we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and or lives are all the property
of other men.  We are intellectual prostitutes."

------

Government: P. J. O'Rourke

"Our government gets more than thugs in a protection racket demand, more
even than discarded first wives of famous rich men receive in divorce court.
Then this government, swollen and arrogant with pelf, goes butting into our
business. It checks the amount of tropical oils in our snack foods, tells us
what kind of gasoline we can buy for our cars and how fast we can drive
them, bosses us around about retirement, education and what's on TV; counts
our noses and asks fresh questions about who's still living at home and how
many bathrooms we have [and how big our toilet tanks can be -RT]; decides
whether the door to our office or shop should have steps or a wheelchair
ramp; decrees the gender and complexion of the people to be hired there;
lectures us on safe sex; dictates what we can sniff, smoke and swallow; and
waylays young men, ships them to distant places and tells them to shoot
people they don't even know."

------

Patriots Are Scarce

"In the beginning of a change, The Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and
scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it
costs nothing to be a patriot."
                    -- Mark Twain

------

If Gun Laws Worked...

"If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should
have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates
reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a
half of trying -- that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts
at gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the
1920-1939 period, and the attempts at both Federal and State levels in
1965-1976 -- establishes the repeated, complete, and inevitable failure of
gun laws to control crime."
                    --Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah)
                      quoted from "The Right to Keep and
                      Bear Arms," Report of the Senate
                      Subcommittee on the Constitution,
                      Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office,
                      February 1982, p. vii.