Close Our Borders to Mexico?

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Jan 10 01:25:51 MST 2000

At 02:10 AM 1/10/00 -0600, Richard A Whitenight wrote:

>It's a fact that approx 70% or more of the illegal drug trade in the
>United States comes through Mexico. As long as we allow this to happen,
then we'll make no strides towards stopping the problem of drugs in this
country. The government speaks about the war against drugs. If they really
want to wage war against drugs, then they must close the border with
Mexico, immediately stop all trade with Mexico and tell the Mexican
government that if they wish to deal with us again, that they had better
clean up their act. I heard on the radio last week that Arizona set an all
time high reference the arrest of illegal aliens. Is it time to take a get
tough policy against Mexico? I saw yes.

        Richard - this will *NEVER* happen and here is why. First, the CIA is
*HEAVILY* involved in the trafficking of narcotics. Wanna see your rep
faint in his/her tracks? Ask them what they know on the topic. It's widely
known in DC!

        Secondly, there's a strong Mexican lobby making sure that nothing happens
to NAFTA. If we pull the rug out from under the drug trade, NAFTA will die
(which I don't give a **** about) as a retaliatory move and that will anger
the CIA *AND* the Mexicans.

John Q.